A warming homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix made with a blend of ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. It can be used to make pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice latte and many more recipes.
Pumpkin Spice is our favourite spice blend of all time. It's so warming and comforting and is the essence of Autumn. They don't sell pumpkin spice mix at the leading supermarkets in Australia, so it's convenient to make it yourself.
Why We Love This Recipe
- The epitome of Autumn!
- An excellent ingredient to spice up many recipes.
- If you have cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in your pantry, you don't have to buy pumpkin spice mix from the store.
What Spices are in Pumpkin Spice Mix
Note: The full quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Despite the name, pumpkin spice does not contain pumpkin, but is made with the following spices: -
Step by Step Directions
Simply add all the spices to a bowl or jar and mix well!
FAQs & Expert Tips
It can be stored in an airtight container for up to one year. The flavour decreases over time.
It is similar, but mixed spice tends to contain cloves and coriander.
It can be used in many recipes, including pumpkin pie, pumpkin scones, cakes, muffins, pancakes, lattes and much more.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Add all the spices to a bowl or jar, and mix well with a fork or spoon.
- Store the spice mix in an airtight container for up to one year. The taste of the spices will decrease over time. Don't forget to label the jar!