These dainty Soft Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing are the perfect afternoon treat. They are super simple to make and taste even better with a cup of tea.
If you're looking for a delicious twist on classic carrot cake, look no further than these Soft Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing. They have a fluffy texture with a hint of cinnamon spice and a drizzle of cream cheese icing.
We love a good cookie and biscuit recipe, just like these crunchy Oat Biscuits, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. This Carrot Cake Cookie recipe is a wonderful way to use up those extra carrots lying around at the back of the fridge.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Refined sugar-free.
- One bowl recipe.
Note: The full quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Flour - use sifted plain flour (also known as all-purpose flour).
Baking powder - helps the cookies rise.
Cinnamon - adds a hint of spice.
Raisins - or you could use sultanas.
Carrots - grated with a box grater.
Egg - lightly beaten.
Sunflower oil - or you could use Canola oil.
Honey - use clear runny honey.
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients
Cream cheese - bring it to room temperature, so it's easier to mix.
Icing sugar - sifted.
Milk - any milk will do.
Vanilla extract - or vanilla essence.
Step by Step Instructions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
For the Cookies
1. Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl. Add the raisins and grated carrot and mix well.
2. Make a well in the centre of the bowl and add the egg, sunflower oil and honey.
3. Mix well with a spoon to form a soft dough.
4. Take 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture with your hands and roll it into walnut-sized balls. Place them on the baking tray, then flatten them with the palm of your hand. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden, then cool before icing. You might need to use two baking trays if there's no room.
Tip: The cookies only spread a little, so press them down more if you like them flat.
For the Cream Cheese Icing
1. Add all the cream cheese icing ingredients to a small bowl and mix well until runny.
2. Drizzle over the top of the cooled cookies and leave to set.
FAQs & Expert Tips
Store the Carrot Cake Cookies in an airtight container in a cool place. Consume within three days.
Yes, you can freeze the cookies without the icing.
You Might Also Love
Soft Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing
- 225 g plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 75 g raisins
- 100 g carrots, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons sunflower oil, or canola oil
- 75 g clear honey
Cream Cheese Glaze (icing)
- 20 g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk, any type
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan/180°C/350°F and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl and stir in the raisins and grated carrot.
- Make a well in the centre of the bowl, add the lightly beaten egg, sunflower oil and honey, and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of the dough with your hands and roll it into a walnut size ball. Place it onto the baking tray and flatten it with the palm of your hand. Repeat with the remaining dough until you have about 16 cookies. You may need to use two baking trays if there's not enough room.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 20 minutes until firm and lightly golden. Leave them to cool on the tray before icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
- Mix the cream cheese, icing sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until runny. Using a spoon, drizzle the icing over the cooled cookies. Let cookies sit until the icing sets.
StorageStore the cookies in an airtight container for up to three days. The cookies can be frozen without the icing.
Nutrition: The nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with an online nutrition calculator.