A simple yet delicious recipe for Sriracha Mayonnaise made with Sriracha hot chilli sauce, mayonnaise and a touch of lemon and garlic. You can use it as a zesty, spicy condiment to enhance the flavour of various dishes, from sushi to sandwiches and everything in between.
Sriracha mayonnaise is a versatile condiment that you can use in various ways. It adds a spicy and creamy kick to dishes like sushi. It's also great as a dip for fries, chicken tenders, crispy tofu and other finger foods.
Additionally, you can use it as a sandwich or burger spread or drizzle it on tacos and wraps to enhance their flavour with a zesty, tangy heat.
Making your own Sriracha Mayonnaise allows you to customise the flavour and spice level to your preference, ensuring the perfect balance for your taste buds.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Perfect fusion: Sriracha mayonnaise combines the rich creaminess of mayonnaise with Sriracha's bold, spicy flavour, offering a balanced taste.
- Versatility: Its adaptability makes it a versatile condiment, complementing everything from sushi and sandwiches to fries and tacos, allowing you to enhance a wide range of dishes.
- Customisable heat: Homemade sriracha mayonnaise allows you to tailor the spiciness to your liking.
Note: The full quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce - found in most supermarkets or Asian groceries.
Mayonnaise - you can use any mayo. I always buy the one that's on special. Good brands are Praise, Hellmanns and Heinz. You could also use Kewpie mayonnaise.
Lemon juice - for some added tang (optional).
Garlic - you can use garlic powder if you don't have garlic on hand.
Step by Step Instructions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
1. Add all the ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
2. Use a fork to whisk the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Spicy - add a little extra Sriracha hot chilli sauce to make it spicier.
- Sweet - add a little honey or maple syrup for sweetness.
Here are a few simple ways to enjoy Sriracha Mayonnaise:-
- A dip for Air Fryer Crispy Tofu (above photo).
- A dip for chicken tenders, sweet potato fries, and french fries.
- Used as a spread for sandwiches and wraps.
- Spooned over fish tacos (my favourite).
- Drizzled over homemade sushi.
FAQs & Expert Tips
Yes, it can be stored in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.
- 75 g mayonnaise
- 50 g sriracha chilli sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl. Whisk with a fork until combined. Taste test and add more Sriracha sauce for extra spiciness.
- Store the Sriracha Mayonnaise in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.