This Blueberry and Banana Baked Oatmeal is baked until golden and served warm with honey or maple syrup. It's quick to prepare and is both healthy and satisfying.
This baked oatmeal is a wonderful way to begin the day. It takes a little time, but it's well worth the effort. Blueberries and bananas make a delicious combination.
If you enjoy starting your day with a delicious homemade breakfast, try out my recipe for Chocolate Granola.
If you love blueberries as much as we do, peek at another of our favourite breakfasts - Blueberry Compote.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Delicious and creamy.
- Only four ingredients (no egg).
- Easy to prepare with minimal washing up.
Note: The full quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Blueberries - fresh or frozen berries work well in this recipe.
Oats - use jumbo oats, rolled oats, or old-fashioned oats.
Milk - dairy or plant-based milk can be used.
Bananas - we use ripe bananas as the flavour is much better than if using unripe or green bananas.
Cinnamon - optional for some extra spice.
Step by Step Instructions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 170°C / 190°C (375°F). In an oval dish arrange the oats and pour over the milk. Stir well to combine. The oats will absorb the milk whilst the oven heats up.
Step 2. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the blueberries and banana are soft, and the top is slightly golden.
We love to serve this in a large bowl with a spoonful of peanut butter, a sprinkling of cinnamon, a drizzle of maple syrup, and some seeds.
The baked oatmeal is best served hot from the oven. If it cools down, simply warm it in the microwave for a few seconds.
For best results, the oatmeal tastes better baked in the oven.
Yes, you can use any type of berry for this baked oatmeal.
Blueberry & Banana Baked Oatmeal
- An oval baking dish measuring 17cm x 24cm with a depth of 4cm. (6.5" x 9.5" with a depth of 1.5")
- 100 g oats, jumbo, porridge, rolled oats, old-fashioned oats
- 180 mls almond milk, or other milk, eg cows, soy, oat milk
- 70 g blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan forced / 190°C / 375°F.
- Combine the oats and milk in an oval baking dish, stir well. Scatter over the blueberries and arrange the sliced banana on top. Leave to soak whilst the oven is heating up.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the blueberries and banana are soft, and the top is slightly golden.
- Enjoy it whilst it's hot with a drizzle of maple syrup.