These chocolatey Peanut Butter Brownies are soft and gooey and will melt in the mouth. Using our favourite Chocolate Brownie recipe and adding swirls of creamy peanut butter - it's a match made in heaven!
These are the best Peanut Butter Brownies ever! They're super simple to make and are perfect to have with a cup of tea.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Only 7 ingredients.
- The ultimate combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
Note: The full quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Unsalted butter - unsalted butter gives you complete control of the overall flavour of your recipe, as the salt content in different butter brands can vary a lot.
Plain flour - also known as all-purpose flour.
Sugar - use white sugar.
Egg - use a medium to large size egg.
Dark Chocolate - also known as plain or semi-sweet chocolate. Use dark chocolate melts, especially for cooking or a chocolate bar broken into pieces.
Vanilla extract - use vanilla extract or pure vanilla bean paste. Avoid using vanilla essence, as it's less intense.
Peanut butter - use smooth peanut butter for best results.
Step by Step Directions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
1. Melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir the mixture regularly until melted, then leave to cool for 5 minutes off heat.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar together - you can do this with a manual whisk.
4. Add the chocolate butter mixture and vanilla extract to the egg mixture.
5. Whisk to combine.
6. Add the flour.
7. Gently mix until the flour is combined.
8. Pour into the baking tin. Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for a minute until runny. Pour it all over the top of the batter and use the tip of a knife or a skewer to swirl it into the batter. Bake until set.
FAQs & Expert Tips
Yes, you can freeze them for up to 3 months (wrapped well).
Peanut Butter Brownies will keep for 3 days stored in an airtight container in a cool pantry. They can also be stored in the refrigerator.
Yes! Chocolate chips can be added to this recipe for an intense chocolate flavour.
You Might Also Love
Peanut Butter Brownies
- 20cm (8") square baking tin.
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 200 g dark chocolate, also known as plain or semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 g white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 g plain flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 125 g peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan / 180°C / 350°F. Line a 20cm (8") square baking tin with baking/parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat. Stir regularly to combine, then set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently whisk the eggs and sugar together. Add the chocolate-butter mixture and vanilla extract, and whisk to combine. Lastly, add the flour and pinch of salt and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the baking tin.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for a minute until runny, then pour it all over the top of the chocolate batter. Use the tip of a knife or a skewer to swirl it into the batter. (see the photo in the recipe post)
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes until the top has set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Leave the brownie to cool in the tin completely, then turn out and cut it into 16 squares.
Nutrition: The nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with an online nutrition calculator.